Spatial organization of resource mega-project as an object of strategic planning and management
The material was received by the Editorial Board: 11/12/2018Abstract
Actualization of innovative and breakthrough scenarios for the development of Russia has stimulated interest among the federal authorities and constituent bodies in applying project management methodology for elaboration of socio-economic development strategies of the Russian Federation. The purpose of the article is to substantiate the place of macro-regions and integrated megaprojects in strategic planning and management of spatial development of the Russian Federation and to highlight the need for a cluster approach in spatial organization of resource regions. The study analyses the experience of incorporating the spatial factor into the national strategic planning framework. Based on systematization of expert community assessments, the key directions for modernization of the framework for the development of spatial strategy for socio-economic development in the Russian Federation are identified. The authors propose a concept for developing a strategy for spatial development of Russia based on implementation of
both national and corporate multi-regional megaprojects with the focus on innovation growth and modernization of the developed economic areas of the regions - the subjects of the Russian Federation. The study stresses the need for planning the formation of macro-regions as an institution for the analysis of interre-
gional relations, coordination of interests of corporations and federal entities in complex national mega-projects. The study reveals the impact of promising resource megaprojects on cluster activation and the connectedness of economic
areas in resource regions.
spatial organization, strategic planning and management, project approach, spatial development strategy, macroregion, subject of the Federation, resource megaproject, cluster approach
- Plyaskina N. I., Kharitonova V. N. Transformation of methodological approaches and models of the strategic planning and management system. World of Economics and Management, 2017, vol. 17, no. 4, p. 22–38. DOI 10.25205/2542-0429-2017-17-4-22-38 (in Russ.)
- Lazhentsev V. N. Theoretical results of research on the subject of spatial and territorial development (with examples in the European North of Russia). Ekonomika regiona [Economy of the region], 2015, no. 4, p. 21–29. (in Russ.)
- Kharitonova V. N., Vizhina I. A. Innovative development of the economy and life support systems of the Arctic zone of Eastern Yakutia: a territorial integrated megaproject. In: Novoselov A. S., Seliverstov V. E. (eds.). Problems of innovative management of the economy of the regions of Siberia. Novosibirsk, IEIE SB RAS Publ., 2015, p. 135–150. (in Russ.)
- Lazhentsev V. N. Actual problems of the North of Russia (theory and recommendations). Corporate Governance and innovative economic development of the North: Bulletin of Research Center of Corporate Law, Management and Venture Investment of Syktyvkar State University, 2008, no. 2.
- Kolomak E. A., Kryukov V. A., Melnikova L. V., Seliverstov V. E., Suslov V. I., Suslov N. I. Spatial Development Strategy of Russia: Expectations and Realities. Region: Economics and Sociology, 2018, no. 2, p. 264–287. (in Russ.)
- Suslov V. I. Interactions of Russian Macroregions in the Strategy of Economic Growth. Vestnik NGUEHU [Vestnik NSUEM], 2017, no. 4, p. 28–36. (in Russ.)
- Kryukov V. A. Space: burden or resource? Stimul, 2018. Oct. 12. (in Russ.)
- Smirnova O. O. Strategii makroregionov – vertikal' ispolnenija poruchenij Prezidenta [Strategies of macroregions –the vertical execution of instructions of the President]. Regiony [Regions], 2016, no. 3. (in Russ.)
- Kryukov V. A., Sevastyanova A. E., Tokarev A. N., Shmat V. V. A Modern Approach to the Elaboration and Selection of Strategic Alternatives for Resource Regions. Ekonomika regiona [Economy of the region], 2017, vol. 13, no. 1, p. 93–105. (in Russ.)
- Kuleshov V. V., Seliverstov V. E. Strategicheskaja preemstvennost' i zarubezhnyj opyt: uroki dlja sovremennogo etapa osvoenija rossijskogo Severa i Arktiki [Strategic Continuity and Foreign Experience: Lessons for the Modern Stage of the Development of the Russian North and the Arctic]. In: Tatarkin A. I. (ed.). Russian Arctic: The Modern Development Paradigm. St. Petersburg, Nestor-History Publ., 2014, p. 188–196. (in Russ.)
- Plyaskina N. I., Kharitonova V. N. Strategic management and coordination of interests of institutional participants of megaprojects. Problemy upravlenija [Problems of management], 2016, no. 1, p. 29–48. (in Russ.)
- Vasiliev S. N., Tsvirkun A. D. Problemy upravlenija razvitiem krupnomasshtabnyh sistem [Problems of managing the development of large-scale systems]. In: Proceeding of 6 international conf. “Managing the development of large-scale systems MLSD'2012”. Moscow, 2012, vol. 1, p. 10–19. (in Russ.)
- Plyaskina N. I., Kharitonova V. N. Strategic planning of cross-sectoral resource megaprojects: methodoligy and instruments. Studies on Russian Economic Development, 2013, vol. 24, no. 2, p. 108–116.
- Yngvild Tormodsgard (ed.). Facts 2014. The Norwegian Petroleum Sector. Ministry of Petroleum and Energy. Оslo, 07 MEDIA, 2014, 79 р.
- Sultani A. Role of Competitiveness’ Clusters in Innovation Development of Oil and Gas Complex. Scientific Reports on Resource Issues. TU Bergakademie Freiberg, 2011, р. 239–241. ISSN 2190-555X.
References: Plyaskina N. I., Kharitonova V. N., Vizhina I. A. Spatial organization of resource mega-project as an object of strategic planning and management. World of Economics and Management. 2019, vol. 19, no. 1. С. 89–106. DOI: 10.25205/2542-0429-2019-19-1-89-106