Papers reviewing procedure
Papers reviewing procedure
- Papers submitted to the Journal are registered and pre-reviewed by the Executive Secretary to ensure that the manuscripts in question conform to the Journal’s research areas and formal requirements.
- If the author(s) fail to meet the Journal’s formal requirements, the manuscript will be sent to them for revision within the specified period of time with a list of remarks motivating the rejection. In this case, the manuscript received after correction will be registered the date of its second or last submission.
- The Editorial Board’s decision whether the submitted paper has been accepted or refused shall be sent to the author(s) by the Executive Secretary.
- The papers accepted by the Editorial Board, undergo peer-reviewing. The reviewer and the author are not affiliated currently with the same institution. Peer-reviewers’ names are not given to the author(s).
- If the review contains some recommendations concerning the revision or finalization of the paper, the Executive Secretary shall send the author the review and a reviewed copy of the paper. The author is supposed to take into account the recommendations of the reviewer while finalizing the paper or, if the author disagrees with some or all the recommendations of the reviewer, to argue his/her position point by point. The author’s response to the reviewer’ feedback may be included in the text of the paper (in the form of remarks, additional evidence or footnotes) or sent in a separate letter accompanying the revised paper.
- Since the Editorial Board strives to speed the process of editing as much as it is possible, we invite the authors to highlight the modifications made in their revised papers (unless they are sent by a separate letter).
- If the Editorial Board state that an agreement between the reviewer and the author was not achieved, a second round of reviewing is done.
- The Editorial Board may formulate its own opinion concerning any article published in the Journal if the panel considers the author’s approach to be controversial.
- The Journal accepts manuscripts in Russian and English.
- A manuscript submitted in English should be written in good English. Authors not quite confident in their Scientific English are recommended to consult specialists practicing the academic writing professionally or having a background in editing Scientific English. The reviewing procedure for manuscripts submitted in English is the same as for those written in Russian.
- The editors will assist international authors writing their papers in Russian by editing their text in line with the norms and conventions of Standard and Scientific Russian. International graduate students and those working on their Master’s thesis as well as undergraduates studying in Russian Universities under a Russian supervisor are advised to have their paper proofread or checked by their scientific advisor for possible mistakes / accuracy in Russian.
- Manuscripts that were not approved by the reviewer(s) can’t be accepted for publishing and the notification about this decision of the Board will be sent to the author(s) along with a motivated rejection letter to the email address indicated in their paper.
- The maximum time span for peer reviewing is 2 months from the moment the manuscript is received by the Editorial Board. If the manuscript was returned to the author for modifications, it is registered for completing reviewing procedure the day the revised version arrives.
- When the final decision about publication of the paper is taken, the Executive Secretary notifies the author(s) about it by e-mail. Still, to have the approved paper published, the authors are required to send the Editorial Board a letter (.doc, .pdf) confirming that they have not changed their plan to have their paper published in the Journal.